The magnitude and complexity of the problems and needs of deaf/hearing-impaired senior citizens are so great. Because there is so much which must be done and because no one person, organization, agency, or institution can attempt successfully more than a portion of the total objectives, it will be the primary purpose of the North Texas Deaf Senior Citizens (NTDSC) to fill current and future needs of deaf/hearing-impaired senior citizens. It also will seek to fill the needs which are not now being met fully, or it will encourage other agencies or organizations to meet the needs.
• giving them opportunities for social interaction and enjoyment.
• providing leisure activities for challenging mental alertness.
• conducting tours when possible.
• providing seminars dealing with issues impacting their well-being and
• acquainting those senior citizens with national, state, and local resources
that will contribute to their positive image and fuller participation in the
• advocating the rights of deaf/hearing-impaired senior citizens.